Good morning & happy Black Friday, y’all! I loved making local gift guides over the past two years (2015 | 2016), so I have been looking forward to sharing this year’s guide for the best local products. While the ones from 2015 and 2016 still have some of my favorite products, here is the Best of North Carolina: 2017 Local Holiday Gift Guide just in time for Small Business Saturday! Also, check the bottom for my favorite local shops to check out in North Carolina!
Anchor Beads Necklace | Be Pure Beauty Hidden Forest products (Calm Toner pictured) | Bertie County Peanuts (Blister Fried are their staple) | Boots Vodka | Carolina Classics | Chapel Hill Toffee | Cheerwine | Echoview Wool Dryer Balls | Eno Hammock | High Cotton Cufflinks | Lo & Behold Beauty Products | Ole Mason Jar shirt | Our State magazine subscription | Salem Baking Cheese Straws | Videri Chocolate | Wine
Looking for something to do instead of giving a material gift? Here are some of my favorite experiences in North Carolina:
- Head to Asheville and do a brewery tour + stop in to Grove Park Inn for spiked hot chocolate.
- A trip to Bald Head Island would be so quiet and relaxing!
- Stay at the Lé Meridien in Charlotte, have dinner at Evoke and drinks at City Lights.
- Though I wrote this 23 things to do in Durham post in the summer, most are still relevant for the holidays! And no trip to Durham is complete without a night at 21c Museum Hotel.
- Fearrington House Inn is a lovely place to explore, sit in front of the fire, or head to the spa.
- The Proximity Hotel with Print Works Bistro, and its sister hotel and restaurant make for a lovely time. The best part is the shuttle that will take you between their properties! Here are a few other ideas for Greensboro as well.
- Take a trip to eastern North Carolina and head to Kinston for fine dining and a gorgeous hotel. That’s what we did for Christmas last year!
- Another eastern North Carolina gem that is a change of pace is Windsor, NC.
- Step back in time at the Graylyn Estate and take your time exploring the property, but also the sweet city of Winston-Salem.
- Bailey’s Fine Jewelry (Greenville, Raleigh, Rocky Mount)
- Bass House (Halifax)
- Chet Miller (Durham)
- The Flourish Market (Raleigh) (Use code IMFIXINTO for free shipping)
- Flowers on Broad Street (Fuquay-Varina)
- KnB’s Market Place (Fuquay-Varina)
- Moon & Lola (Raleigh)
- Monkee’s of Greenville (Greenville)
- Parker & Otis (Durham)
- Shops at Daniel Boone (Hillsborough)
- Stylish Living (Apex)
- Two Old Birds (Apex)
- Uniquities (Chapel Hill, Huntersville, Raleigh)
- Up a Tree Cup a Tea (Nashville)
- The Zen Succulent (Durham)
Happy shopping, friends!