I love this recipe for summer. It’s so fresh and light and packed with protein. I take it for lunch a lot and it keeps really well. I highly recommend!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2-3/4 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa for about 2 minutes, using your hands and a strainer making sure all the saponins are removed.
- Fill a medium pot with water, adding quinoa and salt to taste, and bring to a boil. When the water boils, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for an additional 5 minutes without lifting the lid; then fluff with a fork and set aside in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa cools, dice all the vegetables. Add the red onion, olives, cucumber, and tomato to the cooled quinoa and squeeze the lemon over it.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the quinoa and then add the feta, salt, and pepper for taste. Mix well. Add more salt and pepper as needed. Add more lemon juice as needed.
Kathleen Walpole says
Yes to this! Love this recipe!
Ginna Van Zandt says
LOVE this salad!! My husband wants to add avocado next time; we'll see!