This recipe is insanely delicious, but even better, it is easy to make.
- oil to fry
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I only cooked 2)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 3-4 slices bacon–cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, mix the water and egg. In another shallow dish, mix the grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Heat the oil over high heat (if your oil is not hot enough, you’ll lose the layer of cheese). Dip each chicken breast in the egg and water mixture, then in the cheese mixture.
- Fry in the hot oil until the chicken is golden brown. *Be careful, I burned my leg pretty bad adding the chicken.* Prepare a baking sheet with foil and then placing a wire rack on top. Place chicken on rack and bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Time varies depending on thickness of chicken breasts. I used thinner ones and baked for 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn broiler on. Cover each piece of chicken with cheese and bacon and broil to melt cheese (mine took about 4 minutes).
Jessica Lipske says
Anything with Bacon is delicious right?
I definitely always think so! 🙂 xo
That looks so delicious! Since I'm trying to lose a few pounds and get in shape leading up to this summer && my wedding we probably won't be trying it, but Ill keep it in mind for when I feel like treating myself!
Seersucker Sass says
Ooh, this looks so yummy! Adding this to my list of meals for the week 🙂
XX, SS | A Little Seersucker Sass
Calamity Lace says
That looks sooooo delicious! I love out easy it is. I need more meals like that to cook during the school week!
Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often says
That sounds delicious!
I am going to have to try that!
Brittany @ Perpetually Daydreaming says
This looks delicious and husband would approve! I'm pinning for later. Thanks for sharing!!