I have a confession. I don’t usually eat lunch at work. Sometimes it is because I didn’t have time, but others, it’s because I don’t like what I’ve packed. When I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I needed to give it a try. It is amazingly delicious and I will be making it on repeat this spring and summer. Bonus points, it’s insanely easy.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into large pieces
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoon and 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- Shred the chicken (I used a rotessierie chicken) until you have 2 cups.
- Dice the avocados into medium-sized chunks, mix with 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and season with salt (I did not use any salt).
- Thinly slice the green onion and finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix mayo and remaining lime juice to make the dressing.
- Put chicken into a mixing bowl, then add the sliced green onion and dressing. Toss until coated. The add the avocado and lime juice and gently mix together with the chicken, green onion, and dressing. Lastly, combine the cilantro and combine.
- Serve or chill. Recommendations for serving: pita bread, lettuce cups, or just eating as a salad. I made the night before work and ate the next day as a salad.