- 5 Beauregard sweet potatoes or any variety grown in North Carolina
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 handful fresh oyster mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- Peel and quarter the sweet potatoes and place in a large pot along with the garlic and salt.
- Add water to cover sweet potatoes and place the pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer the sweet potatoes until they are fork tender. ( approx 20 mins)
- Remove from heat. Do not drain the sweet potatoes. Let them cool in their cooking liquid. Purée the potatoes and their liquid along with ginger and orange juice in a blender or food processor. Alternately, use a hand blender to puree the mixture in the pot.
- Strain thourh fine woven colundar.
- Gently reheat the soup in the pot over medium-low heat.
- While the soup is reheating, place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and sautee until lightly browned.
- Just before they are done, add the spinach and sautee the greens until they are just wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Salt if needed
- Divide the mushroom and spinach mixture between four bowls.
Makes 4 servings
I hope you have a great Friday and an even better weekend! And thanks to everyone who entered the Kannon’s giveaway. I used Random Name Picker and Azanique is the winner! I’ll be contacting her today to claim her prize.
Did you catchthis week’s posts? There is a giveaway in my Instagram round up here and my favorite sweater for warmer weather.
Oooh that Carolina sunshine sounds delicious! Sweet potatoes and oyster mushrooms? Yum! I’m glad you had fun at the Cortez! I’ll have to check that place out 🙂