.This post is sponsored by Wente Vineyards but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
One of my favorite things to do in my spare time is to decorate our home. When we bought our house, we were excited about the blank canvas we had to start adding personal touches throughout the space. However, updating the space gets put on the back burner when life gets hectic. I have made a conscious effort to set aside time each week to clean and decorate whenever I can. Because not only do I enjoy it, I find that it is a major stress reliever. Especially when I have a glass of Wente Vineyards wine in hand! Plus, doing this helps me rid our spaces of clutter and gives David and me more quality time together.
Sometimes, we get so busy with our day-to-day routine that we stop incorporating some of the home decorating that we like to do together. With Wente Vineyards’ 21 Day Make Time Pledge, we committed to setting aside time to work together on our new home office that we recently updated. Here’s what we did to ensure we were making time together.
How I Make Time for Decorating with Wente Vineyards
- Schedule a time each day: I thrive on consistency and having a a schedule. So in my planner, I scheduled time to work in our office. Making it a point to come into the office after working out but prior to dinner. So I could spend some time playing around in the space to get the initial decor the way I wanted it. David also scheduled time each day for the actual building of the shelves and working on the flooring, etc.
- Reflect on Your Vision Board: I have a vision board for each room on Pinterest and typically share an inspiration board here as well (you can see our master bedroom vision board here). We’ve found that this helps us stay focused but also to make our space our own.
- Focus on One Priority at a Time: I am a multi-tasker through and through, and sometimes that gets me sidetracked. Which then means I’m left looking at my to-do list wondering why I didn’t get more checked off. I’ve learned that focusing on one priority at a time really helps me stay focused. Which helps me feel much more accomplished and allows me to relax better. Each evening, I came home with a specific goal I wanted to achieve in our home office. Whether it was styling the shelves, organizing the storage in the window seat, or purging files. I get great gratification from crossing off my list, so this was a great way to stay on track.
- Pick Products that Bring Joy: One of my favorite reasons for decorating is picking pieces and products that bring joy to a space. I am a self-proclaimed clutterer. But as I have started to reduce material items in rooms, it leaves products that we love. We used our office as our “travel” room. Which is where we have art prints from travels, so we love reflecting on our travels and being surrounded with a clean space.
- Incorporate Favorite Scents and Tastes: I love to burn a candle each evening. And I have also transitioned our cleaning products to clean products. My favorite scent for our home is Simpatico White Flower because it reminds me of the Spa at the Umstead. I lean on Ms. Meyer’s cleaning products and love her seasonal scents, including Peony. I also love to decorate with a glass of wine, so Wente Vineyards Riva Ranch Chardonnay and Wente Vineyards Southern Hills Cabernet Sauvignon are perfect wines for unwinding while decorating.
How I Stay on Top of my Pledge
Spending a bit of time each evening decorating a space I loved really was exactly what I’ve been needing recently. I’ve kept a space on my daily calendar to do this in each space, so that I can maintain this feeling of making time for things I love. You can sign up to make your own pledge to 21 days of making time for an activity or event that you love here. I’d love to hear what you’re making time for when you sign up for the pledge!
Shop the Post
What are you making time for in your life? Share in a comment below!