It’s that time of year where the Raleigh humidity is out in full force. It’s no joke, and while the Coronavirus has us still social distancing, there are a few summer staples that will help you beat the heat, err… humidity. Here are 10 essentials that should be on every What to Wear in Raleigh list this summer.
What to Wear in Raleigh This Summer
- Breezy Sundresses and Rompers: I learned a long time ago that maxi dresses are my friend during the torturous summer heat and humidity. I prefer midi or maxi dresses that I can tie in a knot, either for style or to help cool off. This dress is another great option! I also gravitate towards black rompers and jumpsuits. Why black? Because it hides sweat stains, duh.
- Smoothing Hair Products: My naturally curly/frizzy hair is hard to tame in the summer humidity. I swear by the Revlon dryer brush after using Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Creme and No. 7 Bonding Oil on my hair. I also find using Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector once a week for at least two hours before rinsing does a lot to help my hair texture.
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle: I mean, these are worth the investment. It keeps your beverage ice cold all day long, even in the heat, and is good for the environment. Plus, no sweat, either.
- Cooling Water Stick: One of my favorite types of beauty products are the ones that having a cooling tendency, as I am hot natured anyway. This cooling water stick is great for getting ready in the morning, but also as a pick me up throughout the day. Keep it cool in the fridge or in your cooler if you’re out on a social distancing picnic or at the beach.
- Skin & Lip Sun Protection: This is likely a given, but I feel very strongly about reminding you to take your skin health seriously! This lip balm not only keeps your lips protected from the sun, but also hydrated.
- Baby Powder: Keep a couple of travel size baby powder bottles in your purse or beach bag for absorbing sweat and helping freshen up.
- Sun Hat: I love wearing a hat during the summer for keeping myself protected from the sun and for style. I like this hat because of the UPF protection and this one for every day wear.
- Soft Pajamas: After reading reviews from friends about LAKE pajamas, I went ahead and bought a pair. I cannot get over how soft they are, and they are wonderful for these summer nights. I hate being hot, especially while sleeping, so these are my new favorite purchase. Bonus these sheets and duvet from Brooklinen are incredible for staying cool and are so soft.
- Rose Water Spray: I keep rose water sprays in the majority of my surroundings for pick-me-ups and to refresh.
- A Good Bottle of Wine: There is nothing better than a crisp bottle of wine on a hot day. I joined The Wine Feed’s monthly wine club and have been loving the selections they’ve been delivering. However, my favorite was this rosé: Méditerranée Rosé is intended to be light, invigorating and easy-to-enjoy. Aromas and flavors of peach, orange skin and white flowers are accented by refreshing acidity and a salty minerality thanks to the influence of the sea. Get $5 off your wine feed order using this link. I get a little something in return.
Do you live in Raleigh? What would be on your What to Wear in Raleigh list? Let me know in a comment below!
Shop the Post