Now that summer is here in full force, I am excited to share my 2020 summer wardrobe capsule featuring some of my favorite products that are new this year and some closet favorites that you may have seen in a previous wardrobe capsule. I typically avoid super trendy pieces and opt for items that transition between seasons and years. With this summer being a bit different than any other because of the global pandemic, I hope you’ll find some fun pieces that still get you excited to get dressed. Here are 25 pieces your closet needs!
2020 Summer Wardrobe Capsule: 25 Pieces your Closet Needs
4 Summer Tops
- Stripe V-Neck Tank: I love a good striped top, and this one from Madewell has definitely been a favorite of mine for this summer months. Even if stripes aren’t your thing, this cut is really comfortable, timeless, and perfect for summer and comes in several colors.
- Breezy White Blouse: This shirt has been a longtime favorite in my closet. I love pairing it with jeans, denim shorts, and skirts. It’s easy, breezy, and makes me feel put together but still casual.
- Basic T-Shirt: In my opinion, it’s hard to find a good t-shirt, so I have really loved this t-shirt in both white and black.
- Cropped Tank: A cropped tank that is perfect to pair with my favorite skinnies and with my linen joggers. It’s a soft fabric perfect from working from home and also for any socially distant activities I do.
4 Summer Bottoms
- Linen Joggers: These joggers are some of my favorites to wear while working from home. I pair them with my cropped tank for a comfy, but put together feel!
- White Skinnies: It’s worth a splurge to get a good pair of white skinnies, and if you’re like me, I don’t believe in fashion rules of only wearing white after Memorial Day. A good pair of white jeans is good no matter the season!
- Denim Shorts: I love a good pair of distressed shorts for warm weather and this pair has definitely been a favorite during the summer of quarantine!
- Striped Skirt: The length and tie at the waist are such fun details for an otherwise casual skirt. It’s great to pair with either the t-shirt or cropped tank listed above!
3 Summer Dresses & Jumpsuits
- T-Shirt Dress: This t-shirt dress is thick enough to be lined but light enough for the summer heat. Plus black is always a good option to hide sweat. There, I said it.
- Tassel Maxi: Y’all, I love anything with a tassel, so a tassel maxi dress is perfect for summer. This off-the-shoulder option is a beautiful, fun one, but I also love this one. Just know that the shipping takes a little while longer with that option.
- Jumpsuit: I am a big fan of jumpsuits for the summer and this Target one has been on major repeat in these warm weather months. You’ve seen it here before, too. I love it because it can be dressed up or down.
4 Summer Shoes
- Sandals: Listen, I love a good pair of flat sandals to wear in the summer. These are a great option at $15, but I also love these and these.
- Wedges: These affordable wedges are equally comfortable and they are perfect for summer. Pair them with dresses, jumpsuits, skirts, and jeans!
- White Sneakers: It’s no secret that I love Rothy’s and their white sneakers are so fun for dressing down looks and for throwing on with a tank and denim shorts. P.S. If you use that link, you get $20 off your first order, and I get $20 off my next order.
- Flip Flops: Looking for a good pair of flip flops? These are perfect for the pool, beach, or for whatever your summer of social distancing entails.
10 Summer Accessories
- Cover-up: I love a colorful cover up like this one! For going out after a day at the pool or beach, this is a great option, plus I like a sarong to just tie on when walking around a pool deck.
- One Piece Swim Suit: This black one-piece bathing suit has been a closet favorite for the past couple of summers. I love the fabric but it’s also just a great cut. Plus, it’s a great option for changing up your coverups and accessories.
- Denim Jacket: Perfect for chilly evenings paired over a jumpsuit, maxi dress, or tank.
- Lightweight Pajamas: I have never really been one for matching pajama sets, but my mind has been changed by how soft and lightweight these are. They are perfect for warm evenings!
- Aviators: My absolute favorite pair of sunnies is my pair of polarized Aviator sunglasses by Ray-Ban. They’re timeless, classic, and a staple in my closet regardless of the season.
- Black Sunnies: These oversized black sunnies are so fun year round, but I especially love them for the summer paired with my black ruffle swim suit and straw hat.
- Straw Bag: This bag is affordable and large enough to be used for a pool bag, but stylish enough to be a purse, too. I also have used this one and this one in the past and am a big fan of those as well.
- Straw Hat: I very much love a straw hat for summer, whether it’s at the beach, the pool, or just outdoors at a socially distant picnic. I love this one because the brim is wide enough to protect my face and shoulder from the sun but is easy to travel with as well.
- Beach Worthy Bangles: I very much enjoy bangles that can be worn in casual settings but also at the pool for a little fun. This set has been my favorite this summer. It’s hard to beat a good white and gold combo, especially in the summer! Also, these are super fun, too!
- Fun Statement Earrings: It’s hard for me to pick just one pair of statement earrings because it’s really one of my favorite accessories! Perhaps that means I need to devote another post to my favorite statement earrings? Anyway, I have been liking these white and gold ones, these $9 earrings that I wore while in the Bahamas, and of course, these, which seem to be my staples as well.
Don’t forget to include masks in your capsule. I have really enjoyed this chambray linen one, this one reminding people to register and vote in the November election, and this one because of the beautiful Rifle Paper Co. fabric.
What’s in your summer wardrobe capsule? Let me know in a comment below! Also, don’t forget to see what every Raleigh woman should have for the summer here.
Shop the Post