For the start of 2020, I made a switch in my workout routine and gave hot yoga a try. It was partially driven by proximity to my office, and partially to change things up after doing the same workout for the last few years. I wasn’t sure how I would fair, because to be honest, I don’t love to work out hot. However, I have been pleasantly surprised with my experience doing a variety of hot yoga classes at the local Corepower Yoga studios in the Triangle. Today, I wanted share the top 10 hot yoga essentials for beginners now that I’ve been doing this for a couple of months.
Top 10 Hot Yoga Essentials for Beginners
- Non-Slip Hot Yoga Hand Towel: During my first ever class, I forgot a towel. Talk about a rookie mistake. A very kind yogi went and grabbed me one of her spare towels to borrow. I appreciated her generosity, and bought two of these to return the favor to someone who may forget theirs or is new to the practice, too!
- Thick Yoga Mat with Strap: This is a great beginner mat, especially for hot yoga because of how thick it is. If you decide to upgrade, I love this beautiful option.
- Sports Bra: Amazon has some great options for support wear. I also really like this option, too!
- Dry-Wicking Tops: These tops are long enough for long torso gals like me. I love the variety of color options and the price point is unbeatable. Here is another favorite option!
- Dry-Wicking Leggings: Beyond Yoga high waisted space dye leggings are game changing for working out. They don’t slip, hold their shape, provide great coverage and support, and are insanely comfortable. I also like this super affordable option.
- Water Canteen: This Rifle Paper Co x Corkcicle collaboration is one of my favorite water bottles! Be sure to hydrate both well before coming to class and definitely after! I’ve also taken to using Liquid IV hydration multipliers before my classes to help prevent dehydration.
- Non-Slip Hot Yoga Towel: So, this is an entire game changer. If I’m taking a yoga sculpt class, this is absolutely necessary for me these days to maintain my grip on my mat. It’s the same brand as the hand towel that I use, but just in the standard size. The color selection of this brand is amazing, too!
- Herban Essentials Yoga Towelettes: These are great for cleaning your mat before and after a yoga class. The lavender scent is perfect for the practice and they’re individually packaged.
- ACURE Micellar Water Cleansing Towelettes: I like to take my make-up off before doing hot yoga to prevent breakouts. These wipes are definitely some of my favorites to keep in my bag. If I’m coming from home, I make sure to wash my face and use light products to moisturize before practicing.
- RX Bars: I keep these in my car in case I need a pick-me-up after class. I also love this variety pack of flavors because I have a tendency to get bored with food quickly.
Have you ever done hot yoga? What are some of your favorite hot yoga essentials? Let me know in a comment below!