Two weeks ago, I published a post on what to do in Buffalo in 48 hours. If you have more time than that, here are 10 things I recommend doing and seeing in Buffalo. They are in no particular order.
1. Go to Niagara Falls!
The first summer I went to Buffalo, DG and I did the Maid of the Mist, and it was awesome! It’s so close it’s a shame not to see it. I’ve heard the Canadian side is better, but we enjoyed the American side and I really did love the Maid of the Mist, touristy or not. I do think we’ll do this the next time we go in the summer. Side note, we STILL have a disposable camera from that trip that we’ve never developed. 4.5 years later.
2. Do a winery tour on the Niagara Trail.
3. See the locks of the Erie Canal in Lockport.
4. Visit Fort Niagara.
5. Take a tour of the Buffalo History Museum.
6. Visit Lewiston.
7. Take a tour of the H.H. Richardson building.
8. Visit Elmwood for walking tours, shopping, eating, and for lounging in the park.
9. Take in a show at Shea’s Performing Arts Center.
10. Explore the Canalside.