I am always looking for delicious and and easy meals for the week. This homemade chicken noodle soup is hearty and delicious. And it made enough leftovers for us to use for lunch the next day.
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups dried noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Combine everything but the noodles and the cream in a crock pot and cook on high for three hours.
- After three hours, add the noodles and cook for an additional half hour.
- Remove from the heat, shred the chicken, stir in the cream, and serve. I actually cut the chicken prior to putting in the crock pot to save some time.