I was pretty niave about how serious people take Valentine’s Day when I was younger. When I was a freshman in college, I found out just how difficult it was to get dinner reservations on Valentine’s Day, so I learned to be creative. That’s come in handy since DG and I celebrate our dating anniversary, which is on Valentine’s Day. We don’t want to do the same thing every year of going to an overpriced, crowded dinner, so we’re always thinking of things we can do to spend time together but not break the bank. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Recreate your first date. DG did this for me a couple of years ago, and it was so sweet to see the little details he remembered. Fun fact, he still remembers what I wore on our first date.
2. Tour a new area, whether it’s a historic landmark in your town or a new park. I know it’s February and freezing in most places, but it’s always nice to take a little walk and explore something new.
3. Order take out and have a picnic in front of the fire.
4. A couple’s spa treatment.
5. Cook your significant other’s favorite meal at home, but use your best China and light some candles so it feels like dinner at a 5 star restaurant.
6. Head to the Flea Market and browse together. Bonus points if you agree on something. Our first anniversary resulted in a trip to the flea market where we scored our favorite piece of furniture in our house. We refinished the piece together, which made it even cooler.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s date night idea?
Linking up with Joey and Kristin
Linking up with Annie and Natalie
Caroline @ Windy City Chic says
These ideas are so cute and fun! 🙂 Thank you for sharing and I hope that you have a great day!! 🙂
Owen Davis @ Davis Duo says
Love these ideas!! We always opt to stay in and cook because restaurants are ridiculousssssly crowded… No thanks!
Awesome ideas! I love this because all the restaurants are PACKED on the day of love in our neck of the woods!
Carly Messmer says
Great list! Adam's bday is the 12th, so we always have a hard time making dinner reservations. It's when a lot of people go out for Valentine's Day, especially if it falls on a weekend. I love the couple spa idea. 🙂
Katie Elizabeth says
Love love love the idea of recreating your first date! We're planning on doing a combo of these – making dinner together at home and eating it in front of the fireplace, picnic style 🙂
Kate Steadman says
First of all, great graphic!!! But I love these, the first date thing is perfection!
Sara Kate Styling
Karly @ Miss in the Midwest says
How cute! So many good ideas, I love the idea of recreating your first date (Ryan and I would have to travel all the way back to Iowa for that one!). We are headed to dinner Friday night, but I'm sure Sunday we will be eating mac and cheese on the couch. 🙂
B @ The Sequin Notebook says
T and I recreated our first date on our anniversary and he wore the exact same outfit – I couldn't believe he remembered!
Kate at Green Fashionista says
Awesome ideas, I'm all about the couples spa treatment! We usually stay in and avoid the crowds on Valentines Day and make a pot of fondue – my favorite <3
Head to Toe Chic says
These are great ideas! I love the idea of recreating your first date!
Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often says
I would not go to a restaurant on Valentine's, so I love the picnic at home idea. The China does add a more upscale feel.
Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures says
Great ideas! I got Ryan 4 & 5 one year and you just can't beat a massage. Speaking of.. I really need one! Hope y'all had a great anniversary 🙂
Medicine & Manicures