Recently, DG has been experimenting more with recipes and I have greatly benefited from his improved cooking skills. When DG and I first started dating, he told me his favorite food was pizza, so it has been a lot of fun to experiment with homemade pizza recipes. Each time he has cooked one, he has said “this is blogworthy,” so with that in mind, I thought I would share his blogworthy homemade pizza recipes today.
Homemade Grilled Chicken & Bacon Recipe
Originally seen here
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- pizza dough
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup wine, beer, or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup colby jack shredded cheese
- 7 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Cook bacon slices in oven for 10-15 minutes. Pro tip: remove immediately from pan so it won’t continue to cook.
- Season and grill chicken. Set aside to cool. You can also use rotisserie chicken or precooked chicken strips.
- For the sauce: In a skillet, melt the butter and oil together. Add garlic and shallot. Cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring frequently. Add wine, beer, or broth and stir. Add milk slowly and stir. Season to taste. Add basil. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes over medium heat until thickens. Remove from heat.
- Spread pizza dough on pizza stone. Prick with a fork all over to prevent dough from sticking. Spread sauce over dough. Top with chicken, bacon, shredded colby jack cheese, and sliced mozzarella.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool, slice, and serve.
Homemade Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Adapted from Kitchen Swagger
- pizza dough
- 1 8 oz chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 6-7 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (we use Frank’s)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cornmeal for crust
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the chicken in bit sized pieces and cook on medium heat in a small saucepan. Fully cook and add 1-2 teaspoons of buffalo sauce until lightly covered and set aside.
- Roll out the dough. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Be sure to prick the dough so that it does not stick to the pizza stone.
- Evenly coat the dough with buffalo sauce, leaving 1/2 inch crust. Add the fresh mozzarella, chicken, and finish with sliced red onion. I tore the slices of mozzarella for the base over the buffalo sauce, a layer of chicken, and then shredded mozzarella and the red onion.
- Bake at 500 for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and serve.
Homemade Bacon-Basil Pesto and Chicken Pizza
Adapted from Baked by Rachel
- pizza dough
- pesto sauce (homemade recipe below)
- shredded mozzarella
- 1 chicken breast
- 2-3 slices of bacon
- ground black pepper
Homemade Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup bacon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- In a medium skillet, cook 6-7 slices of bacon. Finely chop half of the bacon for the pesto sauce, while using the other half for topping. In the same skillet, cook the chicken breast over medium heat until cooked all the way through. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Add basil leaves and garlic to a food processor. Blend together until only fine pieces remain. Add Parmesan cheese. Blend until combined. With the food processor running on low, slowly drizzle in enough olive oil until a spreadable consistency is reached. Transfer mixture in a small bowl. Stir in bacon.
- Preheat oven to 425 and add pizza dough. Remove pizza dough once oven has preheated.
- Spread bacon-basil pesto sauce in an even layer. Top with shredded mozzarella, followed by bacon, chicken, and finally a sprinkle of ground black pepper.
- Bake pizza for 15-20 minutes. Let cool, slice, and serve.
What is your favorite homemade pizza recipe? Share below! We’d love to give it a try!