As a Capricorn and Enneagram 3, my goals are a major part of my driving force in every day life and decisions. While I appreciate this and will continue to strive towards my goals from 2020, I also wanted to use this year as an opportunity to focus on more of what makes me happy. 2020 certainly had its impacts on our plans and some progress on goals, but David and I feel truly grateful for what we had throughout the year. With that gratitude in mind, I’m entering 2021 with no expectations and will simply continue to learn how to roll with what life throws at us and continue striving to seek to see the good. Keep reading for my new year goals with a little more of a fun twist on them than those from years past.
2021 New Year Goals
Last week, I saw a post about goals for the new year on Grace Atwood’s Instagram feed and it really is the inspiration for this article. 2020 taught me a lot about making plans, being adaptable, and seeking joy and simplicity. To be fair, those had been goals of mine for the past couple of years so it was interesting to see how those transpired. As a result, I took some time and wrote down what made me happy in 2020. Here is a glimpse at some of those joys:
- quality time with friends (picnics, Blowing Rock, Charlotte, Western NC Wineries)
- extra walks and snuggles with Winston & Gizmo
- home updates (see how we gave our guest bathroom a face lift here)
- reading books for enjoyment (see what I read here)
- taking time to explore Raleigh and local day trips (see this fun day trip to Warrenton here)
- in-home wine tastings and experimenting with cocktails
- work/life boundaries (for more on that, check out this post)
- wearing sequins–lots and lots of sequins
- sending more snail mail
- hot yoga
- a slower pace… finally!
- less heat on my hair
With all of that in mind, my goals for 2021 are a continuation of what made me happy in 2020. I’m thinking it will be:
- more walks with David, Winston, & Gizmo
- more reading historical fiction and thrillers
- more lazy weekends with no obligations
- more exploring NC through road trips
- more cheese tots
- more hot yoga
- more French 75s
- more gratitude
- more sunset porch swings with the boys
- more quality time with my girlfriends
- more sparkles
I’m looking forward to getting a Covid vaccine and continuing to learn and grow as an ally for all in our country as well.
Whatever your new year brings, I hope that it brings light, love, and joy. Thank you for being here and following along! Happy 2021!
What are your new year goals? Let me know in a comment below!