For the start of 2020, I made a switch in my workout routine and give hot yoga a try. It was partially driven by proximity to my office, but partially to change things up after doing the same workout for the last few years. I wasn’t sure how I would fair, because to be honest, I don’t love to work out hot. But, I have been pleasantly surprised with my experience doing a variety of hot yoga classes at the local Corepower Yoga studios in the triangle. Today, I wanted share the top 10 hot yoga essentials for beginners now that I’ve been doing this for a couple of months.
Top 10 Hot Yoga Essentials for Beginners
- Non-Slip Hot Yoga Hand Towel: During my first ever class, I forgot a towel. Talk about a rookie mistake. A very kind yogi went and grabbed me one of her spare towels to borrow. I appreciated her generosity, and bought two of these to return the favor to someone who may forget theirs or is new to the practice, too!
- Thick Yoga Mat with Strap: This is a great beginner mat, especially for hot yoga because of how thick it is. If you decide to upgrade, I love this beautiful option.
- Sports Bra: Amazon has some great options for support wear. I also really like this option, too!
- Dry-Wicking Tops: These tops are long enough for long torso gals like me. I love the variety of color options and the price point is unbeatable. Here is another favorite option!
- Dry-Wicking Leggings: Beyond Yoga high waisted space dye leggings are game changing for working out. They don’t slip, hold their shape, provide great coverage and support, and are insanely comfortable. I also like this super affordable option.
- Water Canteen: This Sports Girl Rifle Paper Co x Corkcicle collaboration is one of my favorite water bottles! Be sure to hydrate both well before coming to class and definitely after!
- Non-Slip Hot Yoga Towel: So, this is an entire game changer. If I’m taking a yoga sculpt class, this is absolutely necessary for me these days to maintain my grip on my mat. It’s the same brand as the hand towel that I use, but just in the standard size. The color selection of this brand is amazing, too!
- Herban Essentials Yoga Towelettes: These are great for cleaning your mat before and after a yoga class. The lavender scent is perfect for the practice and they’re individually packaged.
- ACURE Micellar Water Cleansing Towelettes: I like to take my make-up off before doing hot yoga to prevent breakouts. These wipes are definitely some of my favorites to keep in my bag. If I’m coming from home, I make sure to wash my face and use light products to moisturize before practicing.
- RX Bars: I keep these in my car in case I need a pick-me-up after class. I also love this variety pack of flavors because I have a tendency to get bored with food quickly.
Have you ever done hot yoga? What are some of your favorite hot yoga essentials? Let me know in a comment below!
Shop the Post