A few weeks ago, I went to visit Katy for a hair cut appointment with the intention of making a change to my hairstyle. I have had the same side part and side swept bangs since 2005 and I have really been wanting something new. I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, my relationship with Katy is perhaps one of my favorite in my life. When I told her I wanted to make a change, she suggested that I not cut my hair if it was because I was frustrated. Which, to be honest, I am, so I really appreciated that guidance. We started talking about options for small changes that may satisfy the desire for a new change, and I said, “If you could do anything to my hair without me being upset walking out of here, what would you do?” And she said, “fringe bangs with darker hair and low lights.” So, that’s what we did.
Now, when I walked out of the salon, I loved the look of of my new fringe bangs, though I was a bit nervous about how I would style them. Styling my own hair is not my strong point in life, so I took a little tutorial from Katy before I left and then made sure I had all the products I needed. So, today, I’m here to share the best styling products for fringe bangs. I’ve had long and wispy bangs for a few weeks now, and I finally feel like I’m getting the hang of them. And honestly, they’re not as much work as I thought they’d be.
The Best Hair Products for Styling Bangs
- Leave-In Conditioner: I have been a long-time fan of this IGK leave-in conditioner to keep my hair hydrated. It’s naturally pretty dry and I’ve been washing it more because of my hot yoga schedule & the new bangs. So, this is a really great help for keeping my hair hydrated!
- Hair Dryer: You might remember that I shared a post on products that are worth the hype and I included my new T3 hair dryer as one of those items. Honestly, I had no idea just how much it would come in handy and I have been even more pleased since getting my fringe bangs and needing to dry my hair more!
- Round Brush: Honestly, hair styling is not my strong suit, so pre-bangs, I had been using my wet brush to also dry my hair. When Katy gave me my tutorial, she was showing me with a round brush and explained that the tension helps smooth my hair. So, I upgraded my brush selection with this option and I have noticed a big difference in styling my bangs.
- Flat Iron: This flat iron is another one of the products that I featured in my post about what’s worth the hype. It has been great because it doesn’t make my bangs too flat and the settings make it easier to manage in terms of not adding too much heat and causing breakage.
- Heat Protectant: Katy swears by this spray for a leave-in detangler, that also eliminates frizz and provides heat protection. I have been using this product for about a year and really have noticed a difference! I do feel like I’m using heat on my hair more than normal, so this is an important product to have in my rotation.
- Styling Product: I use
- Dry Texture Spray: Dry texture sprays help prevent bangs from getting too flat. So, if I need a little pick-me-up, I use this one by Verb to add a little volume and dimension.
- Anti-Humidity Spray: My hair does not hold up well in the humidity, and with our recent weather here in NC, it’s been imperative that I keep an anti-humidity, anti-frizz spray handy. I recently picked up this Living Proof instant de-frizz spray and keep a travel size in my work bag.
- Hair Spray: While I am not a huge fan of hair spray, I do love this one as a finishing spray for lasting hold without feeling or looking too stiff. Bonus points for the added shine and color protection.
- Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoo has always been important to my hair care routine, and I have loved this new one from Living Proof. It’s honestly a game changer because my hair feels like I’ve washed it… and not caked with product! I have it in a travel size that I keep in my purse, too!
- Travel Brush: I keep these travel size brushes in my purse, my work bag, my desk drawer, and my car because at $3… why not! They’ve never come in more handy than now with my fringe bangs.
Shop these Hair Products for Styling Bangs: