I know it’s the important meal of the day and all, but I have never been a huge breakfast fan. With my schedule recently, I have been looking for the best easy breakfast recipes that are quick prep on Sundays. I’ve found that if a breakfast is easy for me to grab and go, I’m more likely to stick to a healthier start to my day. Here are the two recipes I’ve been loving recently.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
Easy Breakfast Recipe #1: Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Recipe modified from Tone It Up
Ingredients Needed for your Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1 scoop Peanut Butter Tone It Up Protein
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (sometimes I sub for honey)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and let sit overnight. I usually put mine in a jar and top with fresh fruit (strawberries are my favorite) right before enjoying.
Easy Breakfast Recipe #2: Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe from Kendall over at Styled Snapshots
Ingredients for your Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil/melted coconut oil
- 1 egg (sub 4 tablespoons of buttermilk if you don’t have an egg)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- a few dashes of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line and/or spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. I add to our KitchenAid mixer and blend there.
- In a blender, add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, yogurt, and almond milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. I use our KitchenAid mixer for this step, and just mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Distribute evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.
It makes enough for David and I to have a couple each day during the work week. It’s been the perfect breakfast on the go!