It is hard to believe that fall is already here! I love the beginning of every season, but fall is definitely the season I look forward to the most. The best part of fall is when the temperature breaks and there is finally a crispness to the air, and in North Carolina, we get some relief from the humidity. Here are 18 things to do this fall to get in the spirit of the season.
- Make a loaf (or loaves) of chocolate chip pumpkin bread. This is my favorite treat for fall. It is the best warmed up.
- Go on a hike to see the beautiful colors of the season. Leaf season is a huge thing in North Carolina, so check out Asheville, Blowing Rock, and Bryson City for some of the best places to spend a mountain weekend.
- Make a day trip to go apple picking. I am hoping to get to Hendersonville to finally check this fall activity off my list.
- Burn your favorite fall fragrances to make your home feel cozy.
- Make a apple cider cocktail.
- Attend a college football game, especially if it is your alma mater’s Homecoming game.
- Host a bonfire complete with s’mores, cozy blankets, and your apple cider cocktail.
- Visit a local farm or your farmer’s market to pick out your pumpkins and mums. I love the Family Farm on Avent Ferry in Holly Springs.
- Decorate your home for fall.
- Get a fall manicure and pedicure at your favorite nail salon.
- Host a pumpkin carving party.
- Try your hand at making cinnamon donuts.
- Make a day trip to a local beach. The weather is still nice and the towns aren’t quite as busy.
- Host Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving.
- Try a new restaurant with a seasonal farm-to-table menu.
- Go on a Sunday drive to look at the leaf changes and harvest time in rural parts.
- Bake a pumpkin pie using real pumpkin.
- Visit a haunted house, corn maze, or attend a hay ride.
Some of these items have been on my fall bucket list for quite a few years, and others are things I look forward to doing every year.
What are you looking forward to this fall?