One of my favorite posts I have written this year was about 14 small towns to take a road trip to in North Carolina. As an extension of that post, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite road trip songs. I drive a lot for work so I have some go-to songs for my time in the car, so these are my thirty Ultimate Road Trip Songs! If you’re on Spotify, find this playlist here!
Be sure to check out the Ultimate North Carolina Bucket List!
The 30 Ultimate Road Trip Songs
- Island in the Sun – Weezer
- Send me on my Way – Rusted Root
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Ophelia – The Lumineers
- Snapback – Old Dominon
- Springsteen – Eric Church
- The Walker – Fitz and the Tantrums
- Atlantic City – The Band
- Hold On – Alabama Shakes
- Hold On – Wilson Phillips
- Beast of Burden – The Rolling Stones
- One Headlight – The Wallflowers
- Boys of Summer – Don Henley
- Piece of My Heart – Janice Joplin
- Jolene – Dolly Parton
- Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promises – Avett Brothers
- Fancy – Iggy Azalea
- My Love – Justin Timberlake featuring T.I.
- Can’t You See – The Marshall Tucker Band
- Pirate Look at 40 – Jimmy Buffett
- American Girl – Tom Petty
- Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
- Cowboy Take Me Away – The Chicks
- Domino – Van Morrison
- I Go Blind – Hootie and the Blowfish
- Hangin’ Around – Counting Crows
- Stand Back – Stevie Nicks
- Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
- Wave on Wave – Pat Green
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver
I use Spotify and Pandora for music streaming and I am always looking for playlists to follow. On Spotify, Lindsey Regan Thorne has the best playlists by seasons! On Pandora, I love Bachelorette Party Radio, Florence + The Machine Radio, and Pop and Hip-Hop Power Workout Radio. For more road trip ideas, be sure to check on my Travel tab and this one-stop shop for travel guides across North Carolina!
What are your favorite songs for road trips? Comment below and let me know your favorites!
Photos by Glory Roze Photography
Shop the 30 Ultimate Road Trip Songs Post
This post was originally published in 2018 and has since been updated and recirculated for 2021.