One of my favorite self-care practices is lighting a candle, particularly now that we’re working from home. Last week was rather disappointing for me because I had to cancel a girls’ weekend trip to Chicago to visit a friend, so I have found myself burning candles that give me a little escape and mood-booster. Here are 10 home fragrances for an instant pick-me-up during quarantine (or anytime)!
Home Fragrances for an Instant Pick-Me-Up during Quarantine (or Anytime!)
- Capri Blue Volcano: In my humble, candle loving opinion, this is the OG of the home fragrance. This fragrance is a fresh option, with hints of tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons and limes, redolent with lightly exotic mountain greens. I love the Capiz jar because it reminds me of the decor in the Bahamas.
- Na Nin Candles: It’s hard for me to pick one favorite from Na Nin fragrance options, but I adore the Rosewood fragrance (vibrant and resonant, evocative of the fragrant precious wood native to Brazil) and Kitchen (notes of fresh basil, bright lemon, and mandarin orange create an energizing, crisp scent for your kitchen).
- Simply Curated Peony + Salt: I adore this scent but I also love the wood wick. This candle burns incredibly well and leaves a great scent of pink peonies blended with sea salt, cashmere musk and an unexpected accent of suede.
- Boy Smells Lanai: Keeping with the spirit of missing travel and missing the Bahamas, this candle transports you back to the island. This fragrance is a return to the island with the scent of coconut, pink peppercorn, orange blossom, coals, and clove.
- Simpatico White Flower: Simpatico beautifully packages their fragrance in hobnail glasses, and this fragrance is a favorite in the line because it reminds me of days spent at The Umstead spa and pool during the spring and summer. Pristine powder, warm herbaceous top notes, aromatic white flowers and tempting rosewood unite to create the alluring Simpatico White Flower Scent.
- Otherland Chandelier: If you’re new here, I adore chandeliers, champagne, and leather, so it’s really not a surprise that this candle is a favorite for a mood booster! P.S. right now, you can save 10% and Otherland will donate 10% to the NYC Food Bank with code SUNSHINE.
- Brooklyn Candle Studio Scents: It’s to pick a favorite from Brooklyn Candle Co. I highly recommend the Sunday Morning with its citrus and floral combination. I also love the fresh scent of Fern and Moss. From the Escape collection, Santorini smells like an orchard of fig trees, which is a lovely scent for your home. I also like the Brooklyn scent, and the description of a fancy cocktail at your favorite bar is really welcoming for daydreams these days. I definitely recommend the sample collection to find your favorites!
- Elsewhere Everglades: Really leaning in to the travel feels with this one, and I adore that Elsewhere donates to the National Park Foundation. This ozonic fragrance of Everglades National Park has a beautiful lightness to it. Water lily, freesia, and with base notes of teakwood and white musk make this candle scent irresistible.
- Archipelago Charleston: Charleston is one of my very favorite cities and I first bought this candle on my bachelorette party in 2014. I love burning this to reminisce of that trip and our first anniversary trip there.
- Rosy Rings Floral Press Candles: The lids of these candles are so beautiful that they make a perfect gift as well. I clearly gravitate towards certain types of scents, so I adore the Palo Santo Rosewood (a calming yet invigorating blend of jasmine, passionflower, palo santo, and rosewood for a floral-infused, woodsy aroma). I also enjoy burning the Garden Tangerine for a fresh option, especially on a warm day when we have the doors and windows open (top notes of fresh Valencia orange, Italian basil, and raspberry leaves blend over a lemongrass and tangerine base).
Check out what my friends are up to during quarantine, 6 wines to try while social distancing, how I’m learning to do nothing, my favorite ways to stay active during quarantine, and tips for stress management during COVID-19.
What are your favorite home fragrances? Let me know in a comment below!
Shop the Post