Last year, I made an effort of spending more time reading on weekends and before heading off to bed. I have always enjoyed a good book, yet I found myself never having time to read as much as I would have liked because of other commitments. I was intentional about setting aside that time to read and was quite pleased to read 26 books in 2021. My unofficial goal when I started was to read 24 books, or two books a month. Here is my 2021 reading list and ranked books in order of my favorites by genre.
You can find all of my reading recommendations all the time here.
My Complete 2021 Reading List
My two favorite genres are thrillers and historical fiction, and I read my fair share of those genres in 2021. One of my reading goals for 2022 is to step outside of my favorites a bit more and try reading something different every now and then, too.
Historical Fiction Books:
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Alienist, Caleb Carr
- Harlem Shuffle, Colson Whitehead
- The People We Keep, Allison Larkin
- Last Summer at the Golden Hotel, Elyssa Friedland
- The Family, Naomi Krupitsky
- Eliot Ness and the Mad Butcher, Max Allen Collins and A. Brad Schwartz
Psychological Fiction Books:
- It Ends With Us, Colleen Hoover
- Under the Southern Sky, Kristy Woodson Harvey
- Meet Me in Paradise, Libby Hubscher
- The Unhoneymooners, Christina Lauren
- The Newcomer, Mary Kay Andrews
- Christmas in Peachtree Bluff, Kristy Woodson Harvey
- The Holiday Swap, Maggie Knox
- In a Holidaze, Christina Lauren
- The Maidens, Alex Michaelides
- Rock, Paper, Scissors, Alice Feeney
- The Wife Stalker, Liv Constantine
- The Thursday Murder Club, Richard Osman
- Everything We Didn’t Say, Nicole Baart
- The Last Thing He Told Me, Laura Dave
- The Good Widow, Lisa Steinke and Liz Fenton
- Not a Happy Family, Shari Lapena
While I know I’ve mentioned it before, having a subscription to Book of the Month is a fun way to try new authors and titles, sometimes before they hit shelves. I’m also always about earning a badge so I adore the reading challenges included in the membership. Use this link to get your first month free! You will also find my reading list for 2021 and the one I’ve started for 2022 on my Amazon Shop page.