A few years ago, David and I made our first trip New York City together to celebrate David’s birthday. While we had both been to New York City separately, it was our first trip together and we had a great time. We love New York City any time, though it was especially lovely during the fall! For our trip, we packed outfits that would transition for warmer days and cooler evenings. Keep scrolling to see our packing list for New York City in the fall.
If you’re looking for a fantastic place to stay while you are in the city, check out The Library Hotel! Use promo code FIXINTOBLOG when checking out for an exclusive discount!
This post was originally written in 2018 and has since been updated and recirculated for 2023.
Our Packing List for Fall in New York City
- H&M Sweater (this one is a nice, slightly thicker version, too!) paired with J. Crew Black Skinnies with my favorite faux leather flats (old, similar here) and these Mignonne Gavigan Black & Gold Mini Madelines
- Free People Off-the-Shoulder Shirt paired with Paige Denim Dark Skinnies with gray flats (old, similar here) with my Shelia Fajl Hoops
- Free People Sweater paired with Madewell High-Waisted Denim paired with the faux leather flats (old, similar here) with the Mignonne Gavigan Silver & Gold Mini Madelines
- Tuckernuck Light Brown Suede Top with the J. Crew Black Skinnies with Over the Knee Black Boots and the Mignonne Gavigan Silver & Gold Mini Madelines
- Gray Pullover to layer with the Madewell High-Waisted Denim with my favorite sneakers and my Shelia Hoops
Other Items on My Packing List
- Quay After Hours Sunnies
- Ray-Ban Polarized Aviators
- IGK Good Behavior Smoothing Spray
- Supergoop GlowScreen
- Umbrella and J.Crew Rain Jacket
- Chanel Water Fresh Tint, Ilia Mascara, Ilia Lip Balm, Buxom Lip Balm in Dolly
- Rothy’s Belt Bag (use this link to get $20 off your first Rothy’s order)
David’s Packing List
- J. Crew Factory Slim Fit Gingham Button Down paired with J. Crew Dark Denim and these J. Crew Boots
- J. Crew Factory Shirt paired with J. Crew Denim and these TOMS Sneakers
- J. Crew Mercantile Long Sleeve T-Shirt paired with his dark denim and J. Crew boots
- Yankees T-Shirt with this pair of denim and these New Balance Sneakers
Other Items on David’s Packing List
We have found that it is much easier to travel when we plan our outfits ahead and have various mix-and-match options with what we pack. Do you plan your outfits before you travel? What is one of your go-to tips for making travel easier?
P.S. See how I pack a carry-on here.