With spring arriving next week, I am excited to share my spring wardrobe capsule featuring my favorite pieces and accessories for the season. These 26 pieces are pieces that can also transition into summer and even into fall as well. I have been intentional with buying pieces for my spring wardrobe capsule that are timeless and less trendy so that I can minimize some of the clutter in my closet.
Here are the 26 clothing items and accessories you need for building your spring wardrobe capsule.
8 Tops for your Spring Wardrobe Capsule:
- Long-Sleeved White Button Down Blouse: There is nothing better than a classic, crisp white button down. I have a lightweight sweater I throw over mine or wear alone with various pants and skirts. It’s a seasonless must have.
- Long-Sleeved Chambray Button Down Blouse: I love a chambray button down for work and for weekend wear. I pair it with pants (these in particular) and skirts for work, and black or white skinnies for weekends.
- Cap-Sleeve Top: These shells are the perfect undershirt for a blazer.
- Camisole: I wear these under sweaters, under blouses, and under blazers.
- Patterned Top: This top is fun and modern, but not too trendy that it won’t be relevant next spring either. I pair it with a pencil skirt for work and white jeans on the weekend.
- Short-Sleeved White Linen Button Down Shirt: This shirt has long been a favorite of mine for a casual, airy look. It’s a classic, put together yet effortless look.
- Solid Tee: I know I just shared my favorite graphic tees for spring, but there is nothing better for a closet than a good, solid tee. I gravitate towards white and gray for the various pairing options with jean styles and washes.
- Lightweight Sweater: I love a lightweight sweater for spring. They look great paired with work pants, jeans, and shorts.
4 Bottoms for your Spring Wardrobe Capsule:
- High-Waisted White Denim: I wear white jeans year round, and I love a good pair of high-waisted ones. I typically buy mine from J. Crew or J. Crew Factory but on sale, because their quality and cuts are my favorite.
- Pencil Skirt: I love lightweight pencil skirts for spring and this one has a fun, updated scalloped edge. There is also this traditional version, which is a great weight as well.
- Dark Skinnies: Paige Denim has my favorite pair of dark skinnies. They hold up well, fit like a glove, are long enough for me, and have a high waist. They are worth every penny.
- Denim Shorts: I’ve had a pair of denim shorts for a few years that are my tried and true favorites. They are my go-to on warm weekends.
4 Dresses for your Spring Wardrobe Capsule:
- Short Sleeve Solid Dress: This dress is a cute, classic cut that is easy to style up or down. It can be styled up with heels or espadrilles and down with flat sandals. It looks great paired with a denim jacket, a blazer, or on its own.
- Black Jumpsuit: I love a good jumpsuit and this one is appropriate for work or for play. I love the double layer detail and pair it with my denim jacket on chilly mornings/evenings.
- Striped Dress: Not one to turn down striped pieces, this one has been a go-to in my closet for quite sometime. I love the fit and that I can wear it with flats or booties.
- Maxi Dress: While this one is printed, it is a good one to pair with a denim jacket or on its own. I love it for transitioning to summer, too!
3 Coats for your Spring Wardrobe Capsule:
- Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is a piece I fought for a while, but I have loved how versatile it is for my closet.
- Blazer: A good blazer is hard to find, but once you do, get one in every color. I love the cut of this one. I keep one hanging in my office at all times for just in case moments.
- Rain Coat: It has been incredibly rainy here this year, so a good rain coat is a must, but especially one that is lightweight enough for spring temperatures. This one is my favorite.
3 Accessories for your Spring Wardrobe Capsule:
- Tote: I have two totes that I go between for work. The first is my Cuyana bag that I’ve had since 2014 and it is still going strong. Recently, I transitioned to this bag for the structure and for the price, it has been amazing.
- Clutch: This is where I tend to get trendy! A good straw clutch is perfect for spring weekends!
- Sunnies: I love my Ray-Ban Polarized Aviators but these Quay are my second favorites.
4 Shoes for your Spring Wardrobe Capsule:
- Nude Pumps: I’ve been on the hunt for a pair that wasn’t too tall, wouldn’t cut into my feet, and would hold up since I am pretty rough on shoes. This pair has definitely checked off all my criteria!
- Sandals: My go-to sandals are my Jack Rogers in Cork and Gold, but I also wore this pair quite a bit last year, and love the updated version for 2019.
- Rain Booties: While I love my Hunter boots, these rain booties have been on repeat a lot recently. I love the color options available!
- Mules: Printed mules can make an otherwise boring outfit incredibly fun. I also love this pair of classic flats year round.
You look incredible in all of these outfits!!! I can’t wait for some spring fashion!