I’ve had a love/hate relationship with my hair for decades now. My hair is naturally curly, but had a tendency to get frizzy, is pretty fine, and can be pretty flat on the days that it’s not frizzy. But, it also holds volume and curl well, is easy beach hair, and as I’ve started to learn how to do my hair better, it’s become easier to maintain. Here are the 10 best hair products for curly hair.
Top 10 Best Hair Products for Curly Hair
For When I’m Wearing My Hair Natural
- IGK Rich Kid Coconut Gel: I use this product in my hair when I’m wearing it curly. It is lightweight but helps give a bit of structure.
- IGK Beach Club Texture Spray: When wearing my hair curly, I finish with this product to give my hair just a bit more texture.
For When I’m Wearing My Hair Straight
- IGK Good Behavior Protein Smoothing Spray: While my hair is damp, I spray this in sections and comb through. Then I blow dry in sections with a brush.
- IGK Thirsty Girl Coconut Milk Leave-In Conditioner: I use this on my ends after straightening my hair since my hair sometimes has breakage.
For When I’m Wearing My Hair Wavy/Curled
- Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother: This is the newest product I’ve tried and I’m pretty obsessed with it. It smooths my hair, helps protect it from breakage and I really feel my hair has been much healthier since I’ve started using this. Since when I wear my hair curled, I’m using both my straightener and my curling wand after blow drying it out, it’s really important to have a heat protectant.
- Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil: A little bit goes a long way with this product. I add just a dab to the No. 6 and comb it through my hair, but pay particular attention to trouble spots. I have had minimal frizz and breakage since using this series of products.
- Ouai Texturizing Spray: I finish my curls/waves with this texturizing hair spray. My hair stays put, but still has good movement. It prevents my hair from falling flat and helps it last an extra day.
General Hair Care Favorites
- IGK Crybaby Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum: I use this if it’s particularly humid on damp hair (but not if I’m using No. 7) or on dry hair that needs a little taming.
- Ouai Scalp Scrub: I am obsessed with this product. It’s the first part of my recent Sunday Self-Care routine where I use this scalp scrub before finishing with the No. 3 hair perfector. It feels and smells so good! Highly recommend.
- Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector: I use this on Sunday nights after my scalp scrub and generally let it stay in overnight. I wash it out in the morning with shampoo & conditioner, and then style my hair like normal. It really does make a big difference in my hair and I can tell if I’ve missed a week.
What are your tried and true hair products? See other beauty favorites here including my favorite self care products.