Last month, I headed to Cary’s newest mixed-use development for a girls’ night out with two of my girlfriends and it was such a fun evening. Fenton is right off of I-40 and has ample parking, though we all opted to ride-share there. We thoroughly enjoyed being able to stroll between our stops and do a little window shopping, too! Fenton is full of murals, gorgeous flowers, and ample space to spread out and enjoy an afternoon or evening while there! Keep scrolling for our girls’ night itinerary in Fenton!
A Fun Girls’ Night Out Itinerary in Cary’s Fenton
Pre-Dinner Drinks at Dram & Draught for a Girls’ Night in Fenton
We met up at Dram & Draught to begin our night with pre-dinner drinks. Dram & Draught is an elevated neighborhood bar with locations all around North Carolina. My favorite aspects of the one in Fenton are the walk-up window (you can sip and stroll in Fenton!) and the rooftop. Dram & Draught serves up delicious handcrafted cocktails, boasts an incredible whiskey list, draught beers from Raleigh and beyond, and a great wine list. It makes the perfect place to start off your evening in Fenton!
What we ordered:
- Kayte: Becky from the Block which is served with Farmer’s Gin, Becherovka, Lemon, Strawberry, Lavender, Cinnamon, Sugar, Rose Prosseco (V) and is a tangy, floral, and effervescent cocktail.
- Katy: Hellfire Club which is made with Szechuan and Jalapeno Infused Tequila, Cointreau, Coconut, Lime, Agave, Hibiscus, Lavender, Oak (V) and is a lively, fiery, and zingy spirit.
- Me: Fresas Fresca which is a cocktail featuring Mezcal, Grapefruit, Strawberry-Lemon Oleo, Lemon, Cynar Float (V).
- Looking for a spirit-free cocktail? The Sunday Spritz is a delicious choice served with Lyre Italian Spritz, Blanc Verjus, Lemon, Sugar, Soda (V).
- See the full Cary menu here!
Dinner at Superica
For dinner, we walked down to Superica for Tex-Mex! This lively dining spot features patio dining, bar seating, and indoor dining with a delicious menu and a fun cocktail list. It is a popular dining spot, so definitely use the “waitlist” option on the website to put your name down. Plan on spending quite a bit of time here because it is such a fun environment! Our pro tip is to wait to order between your starters and entrees just to extend the fun.
What we ordered:
- Start with: Guacamole and Queso Fundido
- Kayte: Cheese Enchiladas with a Hibiscus Margarita
- Katy: Tacos de Barbacoa with a Ginger Margarita
- Me: Chicken Fajita Quesadilla with a Tommy’s Margarita
- Another favorite of mine is the Ensalada de la Casa with grilled shrimp.
Post-Dinner Drinks at AVA Rooftop
Finish the evening with post-dinner drinks at AVA Rooftop! Take the elevator in Sports and Social to the rooftop. This rooftop boasts a beautiful space that is Instagram-worthy, with refreshing cocktails, and incredible playlists! It is such a fun spot to end the evening, or start, depending on your vibe! Be sure to check their Instagram for fun events and for hours. The space will not open in the event of inclement weather.
What we ordered:
- Kayte: AVA Margarita made with Hornitos Reposado, Blood Orange, Agave, Lime
- Katy: Saint Tropez mixed with Ocean Vodka, St Germaine Elderflower, “Crushed” Lemon, Fever Tree Soda
- Me: Watermelon Spritz made with Cava, Watermelon, Mint
- What to order if you head here for pre-dinner drinks and want snacks: Mezze Platter and the Grilled Chicken Lemon skewers.
Check out Colletta in Cary for another delicious dining option in Fenton’s Cary here.