Hey friends and happy Wednesday! I hope that you are staying safe and healthy during COVID-19 and I especially hope that you are staying inside. While this has been a bit of a shock to the system, I’m trying to look at the positives. Like being able to think outside the box with some of the aspects of my job, being able to cross some things off my to do list around the house (a guest bathroom refresh is coming soon!), and just slowing down, being present, and enjoying a new pace. Basically, I’m adjusting to a new normal and hope you are finding ways to cope and do the same.
This post is a bit of a mixed bag of information, but I wanted to share a few ways that I have adapted to this new normal during COVID-19 to hopefully help you maintain some semblance of normal. Be sure to comment and let me know how you’re doing and how you’ve adapted.
How I’m Adjusting to a NewNormal During COVID-19
- Sticking to a Schedule: Despite the fact that my job looks different every day, I still maintain a weekly schedule. I have created a schedule for myself each day to maintain the consistency I thrive on despite not leaving the house right now. I’ll be sharing more about that in a later post.
- Working Out: While making my weekly schedule, I include time for working out exactly the same way I do when I’m actually going to the yoga studio. I love that CorePower is offering online options and some other favorites (like Pure Barre).
- Supporting Local Restaurants through Take Out/Curbside Pickup: One of my favorite weekly traditions is having a date night with David. While I am devastated that restaurants and bars are having to suspend some of their operations and lay off staff, I am loving the community surrounding these restaurants and that many of my favorite are offering takeout/curbside pickup/delivery options. You can see some of my favorites here. Also, check out this feature from Cureat on North Carolina restaurants: Raleigh | Charlotte for take out options. P.S. this is a sobering article about the realities of restaurants during this time. Support however you can!
- Virtual Happy Hours: My girlfriends and I are having a virtual happy hour on Friday evening to catch up and check in on each other. I also adore that Kingfisher is having a daily happy hour at 4:30.
- Getting Ready: Listen, I don’t put on a full face of make up or work clothes, but I wake up and do my normal morning routine and put on fresh, clean clothes. Here is one of my favorite outfits: Amazon Sweater | Zella Joggers
- Journaling: Call it the historian in me, but I decided to keep a journal during this time for a primary source. I am capturing any news updates, any feelings I’m having, or any updates to my job. This is a beautiful journal option, plus you can get a free useable tote with a $25 purchase.
- Hydrating & Self Care: I’m making sure to keep my water intake up and hydrating my skin. I’m really loving this lip balm and moisturizer.
I hope you’re hanging in there. How are you adapting to this new normal?
Shop the Post
Do you have any tips on adjusting to a new normal? Let me know in a comment below!