I could really get used to the unseasonably cool weather we had the past couple of days. It was nice to be outside without my makeup melting off. Last year, I shared my current beauty favorites for summer here, and I am still a huge fan of the products listed there, but especially the Urban Decay Cooling Mist. Here is my 2018 summer beauty routine, which is rooted in products that stay put throughout the day. But if you want real makeup and beauty tips, be sure to check out my girl, Hannah.
My 2018 Summer Beauty Routine
- Trader Joe’s Facial Cleansing Oil with Argan & Coconut Oils: I start off with this face wash. I have dry skin, so the oil in this face wash is super helpful for keeping my skin hydrated. Pick it up at your local Trader Joe’s for a whopping $5.99.
- Coola Sunscreen: I start each day with sunscreen and really frequently. I do this more often in the summer, but it has become a practice I do consistently throughout the year. You can read more about why I take my skin health seriously here.
- Coola Mineral BB Cream with SPF 30: I use this BB Cream if I am going to be at the pool or beach. It gives a nice coverage and I sometimes will just wear it by itself out running errands, too.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Concealer: If I’m wearing a more medium coverage of makeup, I’ll use this concealer. The waterproof formula is clutch on this hot, humid days in the South.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream: I love this CC+ Cream. It has SPF 50 and give a great coverage, so when I’m doing a bit more coverage, I’ll use this overtop of the waterproof concealer.
- It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Wand Ball Powder Brush No. 8: I use this powder brush with the bronzer listed below. It’s the best powder brush I’ve ever used.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Bronzer: I love this bronzer. It smells like my favorite beach products and gives a great shimmer. I obviously really like It Cosmetics, but this is hands down my favorite product of theirs.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Brow Pencil: I don’t always wear eyeshadow in the summer, because #sweat, but I like to have my brows penciled in and staying in place. It makes me feel much more put together.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: This is my go-to eyeshadow palette for when I do medium coverage makeup. I love the various grays and bronzes.
- Rosebud Salve: I use this for my lips, dry spots, and sun burn. I have tubes and tins of this everywhere. Pro tip though, don’t leave it in your car or beach bag. It melts! Keep it in a cool spot, and keep it in your cooler on the beach or at the pool. It will be a nice treat on a hot day.
- Herbivore Rose Water Spray: This is another one of my favorite products I keep a few around. I have one in my purse for when I need a little refresher. It’s also a nice setting spray. See more of my clean beauty favorites here.
- IGK Coconut Milk Leave-In Conditioner: My frizzy hair goes nuts in the summer, but this product has definitely helped keep it hydrated and as tame as it can get. Plus it smells amazing.
- Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara: This mascara gets big results and lasts all day without getting clumpy. They do make a waterproof version of this, but I have been happy with the staying power of this one!
- OPI Chills are Multiplying: You can see more of my favorite nail polishes for warm weather here. I wore this color a few weeks ago here and I loved it!
And to take off the day, some of my favorite products are:
- Sephora After-Sun Watermelon Mask: These masks are $5 and come with a face mask and a décolletage mask for after-sun. While I try to avoid too much sun exposure, it is nice for helping save my tan when I do get some sun.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm: I love using this product. I leave it on for a bit to soak in some moisture, and then rinse off with this cloth.
- It Cosmetics Miracle Water 3-in-1 Tonic: To remove traces of makeup, this product is a favorite for toning.
- Hidden Forest Toning Spray: I finish with this spray, which the Calm is perfect for bedtime. I really love the lavender fragrance.
- Hidden Forest Morning Dew: A little bit goes a long way with this facial serum, and it is the perfect finisher for hydrated skin. It leaves my skin nice and soft for the morning, and isn’t super greasy or oily.
What are your favorite products for your summer beauty routine?
Here are some of my other summer favorites as well: