We are over halfway into the first month of 2018, and I don’t know about you, but I set a goal for myself to be more mindful of what I am drinking and to be sure to get some form of physical activity at least once a day. Between my full time job in public education, graduate school, running my blog, and just dealing with life in general, it is sometimes hard to find time to do a full blown workout every single day. So, here are three five minute workouts that I squeeze in throughout my busy days.
5 Minute Arm Work Out
- 50 seconds of forward arm cricles, 10 second rest
- arms straight out to sides, shoulder level, small circles forward for 50 seconds, rest 10 seconds
- 50 seconds of backward arm cirlces, 10 second rest
- arms straight out to sides, shoulder level, small circles backwards for 50 seconds, rest 10 seconds
- 50 seconds of chair dips, 10 second rest, repeat
- Find a bench or chair. put hands on edge with fingers facing you, and dip down so your arms are at a 90 degree angle
- 20 seconds of push ups, 10 second rest, repeat 6 times
- Use knees if needed to complete
5 Minute Thigh Work Out
- 50 seconds of mountain climbers, 10 second rest, repeat
- make sure your knee reaches your elbow for your most effective workout
- 50 seconds of squats, 10 second rest
- Imitate sitting down in a chair and try to sit as far down as you can, keep arms out in front of you or to the side
- 50 seconds of plier squats, 10 second rest
- have feet facing outward, knees below shoulder, and squat down
- 50 seconds of plier squat with left heel raised, 10 second rest
- in plier position, raise left heel and squat, maintain raise for either 50 seconds
- 50 seconds of plier squat with right heel raised, 10 second rest
- same as with left heel, now just with right
5 Minute Ab Work Out
- 50 seconds of V-ups, 10 second rest, repeat
- Lie down on your back, bring legs straight up and arms over your head towards your feet simultaneously, trying to form a V shape with your body. Be sure to contract your abdominals. Bring hands and legs back down without touching the floor.
- 50 seconds of hand and forearm planks, 10 second rest, repeat
- Plant hands directly under shoulders like you are about to do a push-up with ground toes on floor. Make sure your neck and spine are aligned by checking that your head is in line with your back. Drop down onto elbows and revert back to hands. Repeat switch for 50 seconds.
- 50 seconds reverse crunch, 10 second rest
- Lie on your back and bring legs up at a 90-degree angle and push heels towards ceiling repeatedly, contracting your abdominals.
I try to drink water throughout the day, but I also love Southern Breeze Sweet Tea for a healthy alternative to my favorite drink. I love the cold brew original version. I will fix the cold brew while I am doing my workouts to have after. These small changes in my daily routine have me feeling motivated and inspired for 2018!