Recipe adapted from Skinny Mom
I have tried so many different chili recipes and haven’t been 100% sold on a single one I’ve tried. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl and it wins the favorite.
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (didn’t use this)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (didn’t use this)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sodium free chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans drained & rinsed (I used black beans instead)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayene pepper
- salt and pepper
- Brown the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss the browned chicken and all other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Stir all ingredients up well and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 6 hours. You could also use in a dutch oven and simmer for 2 hours.
- I served with reduced fat bleu cheese crumbles and avocado.
This recipe is hands down one of my favorites. If you try it, let me know what you think!
Kate Steadman says
Yummm! Can't wait to try this!
Sara Kate Styling
Love the twist to traditional chili! I like using ground turkey but haven't tried chicken as yet or your combination of toppings. Sounds good!
Lisa Loves John says
Ok, seriously…. I am ALLLLL over this!!! Looks so yummy!
Lara @ Cookies Cardio and Clothes says
I've never made chili, ever. We never had it growing up and only in the last 2 years have I actually started to like beans. I think I need a nice easy chili to ease myself into it. And one that only makes like 2 servings since my husband won't eat any. lol
Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often says
That sounds delicious!