Recipe adapted from Skinny Mom
I have tried so many different chili recipes and haven’t been 100% sold on a single one I’ve tried. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl and it wins the favorite.
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (didn’t use this)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (didn’t use this)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sodium free chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans drained & rinsed (I used black beans instead)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayene pepper
- salt and pepper
- Brown the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss the browned chicken and all other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Stir all ingredients up well and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 6 hours. You could also use in a dutch oven and simmer for 2 hours.
- I served with reduced fat bleu cheese crumbles and avocado.This recipe is hands down one of my favorites. If you try it, let me know what you think!