Image and Recipe via Natalie from Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers
Over the past couple of years, I’ve really acquired a taste for Brussel sprouts. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw that my favorite version are the fried Brussel sprouts from American Meltdown (a ridiculously awesome food truck in the area). But when I saw this recipe on Natalie’s blog, I decided to try it for summer. It is so good and ever easier, which is pretty much what I look for in every recipe.
- 1 bag Brussel sprouts washed & shredded (I used Trader Joe’s bag of shredded Brussel sprouts, so I didn’t have to worry about shredding)
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the prosciutto on a baking sheet making sure not to overlap. Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Shred the Brussel sprouts using a knife or mandolin. Thinly slice and toss the core. I didn’t worry about this since I bought my sprouts already shredded. Place in a bowl.
- Mix dressing, which includes the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and dijon mustard. Then pour over the Brussel sprouts.
- Shred Parmesan cheese on top of the salad and then toss.
- Add the crispy prosciutto before serving.