A couple of months ago, I was fortunate enough to have back-to-back girls’ weekend trips to Chicago and St. Augustine with some of my girlfriends. I had such a great time and it was just what I needed! Here is the ultimate girls’ weekend packing list with 15 essentials you’ll need!
The Ultimate Girls’ Weekend Packing List: 15 Essentials You’ll Need
- Sunscreen: I am a big fan of Coola Sunscreen, and this face sunscreen is one of my favorites. I also love the Pina Colada scented spray sunscreen as well.
- Snacks: For both trips, we stopped at a grocery store on the way to get situated, and picked up snacks, drinks, and other items we’d need for the week. We got healthy options, like fruit, but also snagged some of our favorites, like Cheetos and Fritos.
- A Good Book: When I went to Chicago, I finished the Tattooist of Auschwitz in about a day. Then, when I went to St. Augustine, Hillary and I were both reading The Southern Side of Paradise at the same time. I was really excited to have her there to debrief with and to talk through the details of the book. Looking for other beach reads? Check out this post with some of my favorite reads from the summer.
- Mini Portable Speaker: For any time in open areas, whether it’s at a park or the beach, this mini portable speaker is a clutch speaker. We also use it on our front porch as well.
- Reusable Water Bottle: This is a great travel water bottle that can be used for other beverages as well. I don’t like to use plastic water bottles, so this is my go-to for traveling. It also keeps coffee hot if we go for a walk in the morning and wine cold in the evenings.
- Travel Cell Phone Charger: My phone holds battery really well, but even still, I like to have a portable cell phone charger just in case. This is a great option and we take it everywhere we go.
- Make-Up Wipes: I love these wipes, and they are great for traveling. I kept a pack in my purse as a refresher option for days we were on the beach a lot or walking around a lot. Also, I love these deodorant wipes for a long day of traveling as well.
- Large Tote: This is a great, large tote option for traveling. It’s an easy tote to throw my purse in as a carry-on. Another option is my favorite Lo & Sons O.G. tote that is perfect for flying and for every day use as a gym bag or a work bag.
- Instax Camera: I always forget to use this camera as often as I’d like for a scrapbook of travel, but it’s a fun option to bring to on a girls’ weekend trip!
- Mini Toiletries that Multitask: While I don’t like to bring my entire toiletry collection, these are a couple of my favorite products that I bring are my Herbivore Rose Water Spray and this Rose Salve. The Rose Water Spray is a great makeup setter plus helps me hydrate my skin, while the rose salve is a great option for an undereye cream, for scrapes, blisters, etc.
- Non-Breakable Stemware: This affordable option is great for traveling and if you lose one, you haven’t broken the bank with some of the more expensive versions. This set also comes in a great selection of colors.
- Wine: Duh? I like to try new options of sparkling rosé when with girlfriends, so this is always a given.
- Versatile Outfits: If I’m flying, I don’t like to carry a huge suitcase, so I pack light with pieces that can work with lots of other options. I love this romper paired with a denim jacket for cooler nights if I’m going somewhere warm. Or white denim with multiple top options. You can also see my favorite bathing suits and cover ups from summer.
- Versatile Purse: I love this bag for summer and this one as an in general tote bag with this insert.
- Bathing Suit/Laundry Bag: The one thing I do not like about traveling is the whole dirty clothes thing. This bag is perfect for keeping them separate and is also a great option for still wet bathing suits.
- Unisom: I don’t always sleep well when I travel, so I took a Unisom while I was in St. Augustine and I slept well, felt well-rested, and rejuvenated for the day ahead.
Shop the Post
What are some things you never go on a vacation without? Share in a comment below!
This post was originally published in 2019 and has since been updated and recirculated for 2021.