Last year was our first spring in our new home and I was so excited to have a front porch to style. Each season we are adding a little bit more to our front porch style, so I’m excited to share the progress.
Here is how to update your front porch decor for the season.
Front Porch Decor – Before
Last year, I shared a post with the before of our home and linked in various posts about our progress after a year of living in our ranch.
2018 Front Porch Decor
I was so excited to have a front porch to decorate after years of having a stoop. I loved the window boxes that David built for me and loved adding ferns and a bench to our mix.
Current Front Porch Decor
This year, I added rugs under each of the sections of our porch. I have always loved the way outdoor rugs look on porches, so I was really excited to find ones that were neutral enough for our decor but would add a pop of style to our porch. Last summer, David and his friend built me a porch swing, which is amazing, but we had to get a twin mattress and have it covered with outdoor safe fabric. Once that is finished, our front porch will be as complete as it has been since we moved in and that is super exciting.
We added a couple of more window boxes to the porch railings, palms behind the section where the swing is for a little bit of privacy, and more planters on our stairs. David bought our flowers and vegetable plants from a local high school’s FFA club and we got a ton of flowers (literally, gave some away to our neighbors) so we recommend checking around and seeing if there are any other local flower sales that give back to schools.
FRONT PORCH DECOR RESOURCES:
- Target Opalhouse Outdoor Rug (5×7)
- Target Opalhouse Outdoor Round Rug
- Outdoor Throw Pillows (old, similar here, here, and here)
- Safavieh Plaid Rug
- “I Hope You Like Dogs” Door Mat
- Window Box Planters (David custom made, but saving up for these next year)
- Wayfair Outdoor Hanging Lantern
- Hayneedle Rocking Chairs
- Crib Mattress & Sunbrella Fabric (covered by Window Works by Polly)
- Target Galvanized Metal Planters
- Citronella Candle
- Magnolia Wreath (similar Eucalyptus Wreath)
- Outdoor Bench (found at Bass House Antiques but specific outdoor option here)
- Porch Swing (custom built, but similar option here)