This post is sponsored by Oikos Whole Milk Greek Yogurt but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
One of my intentions each year is to set aside time to relax and regroup before moving on to my next task or obligation. Working full time, being a full time graduate student, and curating content for this space sometimes takes a toll on my creative process. Taking a moment to treat myself with Oikos Greek Yogurt is the perfect indulgence and quick dessert idea any time of the day.
My schedule looks different each day depending on what commitments I have, so Oikos is truly an indulgence by the spoonful when I get the opportunity to have some time to decompress. I’ve never been a big sweets person, but the flavors from Oikos provide the opportunity to fit whatever my craving may be with creamy and rich yogurt in mouth-watering flavors in a quick dessert idea.
If I am enjoying Oikos in the morning, I will reach for the Cafe Latte flavor in between meetings or when making my things to do list to ensure that I have 5 minutes to regroup. What better way to do that than treating myself with a favorite flavor and organize my thoughts for my next task.
In the evenings, I grab an Oikos in the Lemon Meringue flavor as a dessert option to indulge and take a self-care moment after a busy day. My definition of relaxing in the evenings is having a sweet snack and scrolling through Twitter and the news to catch up from the day.
Some of my favorite self care tips for taking a few moments for clarity include:
- Take the scenic route to work
- Do a mini-declutter of an area
- Take 3 deep breaths (or use the Breathe feature on your Apple Watch)
- Be still for a few minutes (bonus if it includes snuggling your pet)
- Write down your thoughts, especially if they are cluttering your mind
- Spend time with those who have a positive presence
- Stretch it out
- Create a deliberate habit (I go through my calendar/to dos with my morning coffee, water my plants every Friday morning)
Taking a moment to indulge with Oikos also helps find those moments for self care each day !
Photos by Glory Roze Photography