Good morning & happy Black Friday, y’all! I loved making local gift guides over the past two years (2015 | 2016), so I have been looking forward to sharing this year’s guide for the best local products. While the ones from 2015 and 2016 still have some of my favorite products, here is the Best of North Carolina: 2017 Local Holiday Gift Guide just in time for Small Business Saturday! Also, check the bottom for my favorite local shops to check out in North Carolina!
Anchor Beads Necklace | Be Pure Beauty Hidden Forest products (Calm Toner pictured) | Bertie County Peanuts (Blister Fried are their staple) | Boots Vodka | Carolina Classics | Chapel Hill Toffee | Cheerwine | Echoview Wool Dryer Balls | Eno Hammock | High Cotton Cufflinks | Lo & Behold Beauty Products | Ole Mason Jar shirt | Our State magazine subscription | Salem Baking Cheese Straws | Videri Chocolate | Wine
Looking for something to do instead of giving a material gift? Here are some of my favorite experiences in North Carolina:
- Head to Asheville and do a brewery tour + stop in to Grove Park Inn for spiked hot chocolate.
- A trip to Bald Head Island would be so quiet and relaxing!
- Stay at the Lé Meridien in Charlotte, have dinner at Evoke and drinks at City Lights.
- Though I wrote this 23 things to do in Durham post in the summer, most are still relevant for the holidays! And no trip to Durham is complete without a night at 21c Museum Hotel.
- Fearrington House Inn is a lovely place to explore, sit in front of the fire, or head to the spa.
- The Proximity Hotel with Print Works Bistro, and its sister hotel and restaurant make for a lovely time. The best part is the shuttle that will take you between their properties! Here are a few other ideas for Greensboro as well.
- Take a trip to eastern North Carolina and head to Kinston for fine dining and a gorgeous hotel. That’s what we did for Christmas last year!
- Another eastern North Carolina gem that is a change of pace is Windsor, NC.
- Step back in time at the Graylyn Estate and take your time exploring the property, but also the sweet city of Winston-Salem.
- Bailey’s Fine Jewelry (Greenville, Raleigh, Rocky Mount)
- Bass House (Halifax)
- Chet Miller (Durham)
- The Flourish Market (Raleigh) (Use code IMFIXINTO for free shipping)
- Flowers on Broad Street (Fuquay-Varina)
- KnB’s Market Place (Fuquay-Varina)
- Moon & Lola (Raleigh)
- Monkee’s of Greenville (Greenville)
- Parker & Otis (Durham)
- Shops at Daniel Boone (Hillsborough)
- Stylish Living (Apex)
- Two Old Birds (Apex)
- Uniquities (Chapel Hill, Huntersville, Raleigh)
- Up a Tree Cup a Tea (Nashville)
- The Zen Succulent (Durham)
Happy shopping, friends!
Anna English says
I love this gift guide! Definitely my favorite time to shop!
thanks for sharing this guide!
Andrea Margarita says
Loving this gift guide so much! Thanks for all the tips!
Melissa Vera says
Thanks for these deals. I am busy shopping online today.
Neely Moldovan says
I have been dying to visit Asheville!
Juliette Gondon says
Thank you for sharing this amazing post love!
I love a good local gift guide!!!
I’m loving that Anchor Beads necklace! So adorable
-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com
Nicole @ What Nicole Wore says
Love that you included experiences; those are the BEST gifts in my opinion!
What creative ideas. I miss home sweet Carolina so much!!!
Your Gift Guide looks so thoughtful and carefully picked. Happy Weekend!
great gift ideas, thanks for sharing!
Catherine Kung says
I need to get to NC and visit all of these amazing places! Thanks for the great ideas!
Toba Knopfler says
i love the idea that you support local shops! so amazing. xo toby http://www.poshandspicy.com
Omigosh I love your “experiences” gift guide….such great ideas! https://breeatlast.com/
I love these ideas! I’ll keep them in mind.
Megan Elliott (@LushtoBlush) says
This is so awesome!! North Carolina is such a beautiful state; I need to spend some more time there!
this is amazing! such a great support for local businesses – love that!
Love the guide! I’ve only ever driven thru NC – maybe next time we should stop!
I love that you included the local shops! This is an awesome guide.
@trendyinindy || trendyinindy.com
I loved this. Supporting local is so important, such a great idea!
Shopping local is amazing, what a great gift guide!
Dying to visit North Carolina.
ashley houston says
Love this gift guide! Asheville is a favorite of mine
Erin @ Her Heartland Soul says
I love that you kept it local!
LOVE local gift guides! So many cute picks! XO