Good morning, friend! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends! Today is my favorite post of the year, the best of North Carolina gift guide for 2018! Check out my 2015, 2016, and 2017 posts because those still have some of my favorite products! Last year, I included my favorite local shops and experiences in North Carolina, so I decided to include an updated version of that this year, as well!
The Best of North Carolina: Gift Ideas
- North Carolina Tree Farm Candle, Raeford, NC
- Moravian Star Kit, 21 inches, Winston-Salem, NC
- “Appreciating Oysters” Book, North Carolina author
- North Carolina Alphabet Print, Charlotte, NC
- Black Mountain Chocolate Fruit Cake, Winston-Salem, NC
- Long Live the Butterbean T-Shirt, Kinston, NC
- Childress Vineyards Victory Cuvée, Lexington, NC
- North Freakin’ Carolina T-Shirt, Raleigh, NC
- North Carolina City Art Prints, Charlotte, NC
- Poppy Pimento Cheese Popcorn, Asheville, NC
- Lo & Behold Eye Cream, Durham, NC
- Bertie County Smokey Sans Souci Peanuts, Windsor, NC
The Best of North Carolina: Experiences
For David and me, we prefer experiences over material gifts. This has been a great opportunity for us to plan quality time together while exploring new places. Here are some of our favorites (and be sure to check out our list from last year, too).
- A staycation in your town is always a great option! If you’re local to the Triangle, we are fans of the AC Hotel in North Hills or a spa day with dinner at the Umstead.
- Taking a day trip to Hillsborough to antique, have lunch at La Place, and walk the trails always makes for a fun time.
- Blowing Rock is a perfect trip anytime and would be absolutely beautiful during the holiday season. Be sure to stay at the New Public House & Hotel! Check out Westglow Spa while there, too!
- The Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill is another great spot for a staycation. The restaurant there makes it a lovely stay, plus you can bring your four-legged family members, too!
- Perhaps the best getaway David and I have had together was to Lakeview at Fontana in Bryson City. They’re closed for the season, but it’d be a great gift to give. The soaking tub is an absolute must.
- Visiting North Carolina beaches is one of my favorites, but especially in off-season months. Topsail and Ocracoke are incredibly peaceful in the winter months, and would be a nice, relaxing time.
- Looking for a spa experience? Here are four of the best in the Triangle. A clean beauty facial at AILLEA would be a great experience as well!
- The North Carolina Zoo is always a great option, especially if you are planning experience with kids. Billy D’s is a delicious lunch spot, located in the zoo!
- Greensboro has a lot to offer! Here is my travel guide, plus a great trip on Lake Brandt and checking out the Weatherspoon Art Museum.
- Winston-Salem is definitely in the holiday spirit, too! A candlelight tour of Old Salem is a great way to learn more about the area, and you come away with a few products as well.
- Here are 14 of my favorite small towns to road trip to across North Carolina!
The Best of North Carolina: Small Business Guide
Show these places some love on Small Business Saturday, but also any time you can. My biggest point of pride was when David needed a gift while I was out of town, and he went to one of our favorite small businesses to support local AND to get personalized help picking out an item.
- Bailey’s Fine Jewelry | Greenville, Raleigh, Rocky Mount
- Bass House Antiques| Halifax
- Chet Miller | Durham
- Edge of Urge | Raleigh
- The Flourish Market | Raleigh (use code IMFIXINTO for free shipping!)
- Flowers on Broad Street | Fuquay-Varina
- The Local Squirrel | Raleigh
- Monkee’s of Greenville | Greenville
- Neaco | Blowing Rock
- summerhouse designs | Edenton
- Stylish Living | Apex
- Take Heart | Blowing Rock
- Thanks a Latte | Holly Springs
- Twin City Hive | Winston-Salem
- The Zen Succulent | Durham, Raleigh
Where are your favorite small businesses in North Carolina? What about your favorite North Carolina made products?
Happy Holidays and happy shopping!